My friend, Bob, tries to quit something every Thursday. Usually it’s a bad habit or something he’s worrying about. He just quits and leaves it right there on Thursday’s doorstep and moves on with his life, getting lighter and more free every week.
I want to be lighter and freer, too.
So I’ve decided it’s time for me to quit something, just like my friend, Bob. I don’t mean it’s time to quit Bob. I can’t quit you, Bob.
Rather, I’ve decided it’s time for me to quit NOT writing, NOT CREATING.
I’ve been regularly NOT CREATING/WRITING for a long time which is NOT ME. And I’ll bet it’s not YOU, either. So starting today, Thursday, I’m going to do (or I guess, not do) just that.
Therefore, ladies and gentleman, may I present terrible writing that is hardly worth reading but is important anyway because I need to create.
(And you probably do, too. So quit NOT CREATING with me!)
As you know, I’ve not written to you in sometime. But don’t worry – it’s not you, it’s me.
Ok, it’s you.
I’ve not written to you because you scare me. You scare me for at least FIVE of the following reasons:
- I want people to like me and I’m afraid if they knew the REAL ME then (blah, blah, blah, you get it).
- I want people to like YOU, my blog. I want people to visit it daily and find words that refresh them and inspire them and make them laugh. But I’m afraid they won’t do any of those things, even though I know that’s not the POINT of it all and that I should just write, dammit! Also I shouldn’t curse, even though – let’s face it – “dammit” is barely a curse word at all.
- I want to write. I need to write. And I need to share what I create because that’s what people are supposed to do – share themselves and receive the self that others share and blah, blah, blah unicorns and rainbows!
- I’m totes insecure and have trouble expressing myself apart from using the word “totes”.
- I forgot my password, dammit.
There, now you know the truth.
And if you want more truth: I just spilled coffee on my keyboard which I’m sure is a sign from the universe that I shouldn’t write. I shouldn’t share. I should just keep my private world to myself and go around faking it all the time!!!!
Maybe I’ll quit faking it next Thursday.
PS I just realized it was Friday. FUDGE!!!!